Paan Petha is a tasty flavorful, delicious , refreshing sweet recipe from leftover watermelon peel. This Paan Petha prepared by simple ingredients.
As we all know that watermelon pink part is so delicious to eat. Like that its Last green part is also used in making many delicious dishes .Paan petha is a tasty flavorful, delicious , refreshing sweet recipe from leftover watermelon peel. This paan petha are easy to make and can be prepared by simple ingredients available at home.So let’s begin
Paan petha Ingredients:
Watermelon rind peeled green part
Milk powder-1/2 cup
Sweetner as per your choice
For filling Silver foil or cherry for decorating Clove
For securing ends Green food colour
1//2 cup sugar
Paan Petha Watermelon Recipe:
- Remove red soft part of watermelon rind.
- Also remove green side of back part and cut these into triangle shape.
- Boli triangle pcs on high flame for 7-8 mins.
- After boiling they will become soft and little transparent also.
- Now add 1/2 cup sugar in 1 cup water ,add liquid green food colour and boil until sugar melts.
- Now add boiled watermelon rind pcs into syrup and boil for 8 mins until more transparent.
- Now switch off flame ,take out pcs and cool them.
- They are now green ,soft and transparent pcs.
- For stuffing- Add 1/2 cup milk powder and 1/4 cup milk in a saucepan,mix it well so that no lumps occur and now turn on the flame, cook for 2 mins on low flame.
- Add 2 tbsp gulkand(rose jam ) available at shop and mix all until they come together well.
- Switch off flame cool the mix.
- In place of gulkand any sweetener of your choice you can add or desi rose petals.
- Now place boiled cooled watermelon rind in a plate place stuffing in middle ,fold the rind as a pan and secure its end with a laung.
- Decorate it with edible silver foil or serve without it
Written By Pooja Agrawal