Unlike any other cake, eggless fruit cake is completely different. Not that creamy or soft, it's a moist cake with lot's of colorful cherries into it.
Unlike any other cake,eggless fruit cake is completely different. Not that creamy or soft, it’s a moist cake with lot’s of colorful cherries into it. Many places, they replace cherries with original fruits cuts.
This is a wow for people who love to eat something mild yet tasty. It’s really easy in making too.
Eggless Fruit Sponge Cake Ingredients:
150 gm (% cup) curd/yogurt
100 gm (½ cup) granulated sugar
1 tsp Baking powder
½ tsp Sweet Baking soda
¼ tsp Salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
60ml (¼ cups) refined oil
130 gm (1 cup) all-purpose flour
some chopped mix fruit
Eggless Fruit Sponge Cake Recipe:
- Whisk the sugar and curd with a wire whisk/beater till the sugar dissolves.
- Sift baking powder and baking soda in it.
- Stir nicely and keep and keep it separate for 5 min to let the froth develop.
- Now add oil to the curd mix stirring it nicely.
- Add essence and mix it. Sift flour and salt together into the mixture.
- Mix nicely with spatula.
- Line a small tin with butter paper and oil then pour batter in it.
- Tab it nicely and bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 40-45 min or till toothpick comes clear.
Eggless Fruit Sponge Cake Icing method:-
- First of all, whip the cream after whipping, cut the sponge in three layers ( or in two) then soak it with sugar syrup.
- In first layer, use cream for layering, after that, use fresh fruit crush and mix fruit pieces.
- Repeat the process for rest of the layers. Don’t use crush on the top of the layer.
- Cover the top layer with cream, then decorate with mix fruit it according to your choice. Either use nozzle design or glaze, chocolate flakes etc..
Written By Poornima Pandey