They rule the market; they rule the state…and these years, they are ruling the country as well! Yes, they are…none other than… Gujjubhai – the Gujaratis.
They are here, they are there…they are in the west, they are in the east…they are in your state, in your country, and even in your society! They rule the market; they rule the state…and these years, they are ruling the country as well! Yes, they are…none other than… Gujjubhai – the Gujaratis.
They have been ‘awesome’ since beginning
It is not a new story! Gujaratis have been dominating trades, businesses, stocks, and what not for years and centuries. Back then, Muhammad Ghazni looted Somnath temple in Gujarat several time. And, it is said that each time, he used to rob gold in such an enormous amount that his all vessels used to get filled with it!
Without any further ado, let’s look at the characters a typical gujjubhai would possess –
- The pronunciation of ‘e’ and ‘a’ will be stretched for these words – pen becomes peeen; match becomes maaaatch, and hostel becomes hosteeeel.
- Even the shortest journey will be accompanied by ‘thepla’. I had gujjus with me in a short flight (45 minutes) where they opened the ‘dabba’ of thepla after 15 minutes in the air.
They’ll have sweetness in everything, including ‘daal’! North Indians especially Pubjabis would ‘die’ immediately if their tongue tastes sugar in daal.
- If gujjus are in bunch, they will ‘own’ the place. For instance, if you are in a restaurant and luckily have gujjus sitting in a corner in some table, the entire place will listen to their loud talks. Those gujjus will be least bothered about people around them. For those all moments, they’ll ‘own’ that restaurant.
- Real gujjus give ‘damn’ to their jobs! Zero seriousness they show at job; if at all they are asked to leave the company, their first reaction will be – ‘arre….kya farak padta hai…’ South Indians, on the other hand, worship their jobs and are too sensitive in following the instructions from the company.
Honda City remains their favorite car, and will remain it till the company terminates the model.
- Every festival should be celebrated more for the ‘food’ it specializes in and not for the real reason. Gods and goddesses are kept aside, and ‘dishes’ are brought forward. For instance, Dusserra has fafda and Uttarayan has undhiyu. Ask even adolescents that importance of those two festivals – they’d name the dish rather than wondering why those festivals are celebrated.
There are many more characters to pen down but the space will be short! Nevertheless, I came up with the premium ones you can keep in mind to spot a gujjubhai anywhere in the world.