Today I am sharing with you all a very interesting recipe. I just love mouth watering aloo gobhi gravy with ajwain pudi, green chutney, muli ka adarak and moong papad. I prepare 3 types of aloo gobhi gravy.
1. With spices in kadhai.
2. with little spices in cooker which is quick and very easy.
3. with only paste of green spices
Type 1 :
I am going to share the type -1 recipe. My hubby is fan of this recipe and also he loves peas in everything. Potato cauliflower gravy with rice is his favourite. I hope you will try this out and let me know how it came out.
Here goes the recipe:
3 medium cubed potato / aloo 1 1/2 cup gobhi / cauliflower florets 1 cup peas 2 tejpatta / bay leaf 2 dried red chillies mustard oil or any other cooking oil ( taste best with mustard oil) ½ tsp panchforan (panch foron consists of fenugreek seed (methi मेथी दाना), nigella seed (मंग्रैल / कलौंजी), cumin seed (जीरा), black mustard seed (राई) and fennel seed (सौंफ़) in equal parts) 1 cup paste of : 2 medium onion + ginger + 7-8 garlic cloves + 4 green chillies 1 cup tomato paste/puree 1/2 tsp garam masala 1/2 tsp turmeric powder ¾ tsp coriander powder ¾ tsp red chili powder Salt to taste Coriander leaves chopped for garnishing
1. Cut and rinse cauliflower florets well in water.
2. Add them to hot water and set aside for a while then Drain the water.
3. Now heat oil in pan and fry potatoes and cauliflower separately until half cooked. Set these aside. 4.Then heat oil in pan and add panchforan ,bay leaf, dried red chilli and panchforan.Let it crackle.
5. After this add paste of onion ginger garlic. Saute until the raw smell goes off.
6.Then add tomato puree, peas and other dry spices with salt and cook till paste starts leaving oil. 7. Now add fried gobhi and potatoes. Mix well for a minute or two. 8.Then add 1 ¼ cup water and stir well. Cook until the gravy thickens slightly and the veggies are cooked completely. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with rice or roti. Check the detail pics at last.
1. You can make paste of onion and tomato together if you fall short of time. But sauteing them separately yields a better tasting gravy in this recipe.
Dont forget to follow my blog, like facebook page and subscribe our youtube channel by clicking the link below, mentioned in profile info: Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJYNRSZN2I-zLXjraJspkawI|iĤĤĤĤĤ Keep cooking and keep sharing.