A few decades ago, pregnancy would be confirmed by certain symptoms but as days went by these symptoms also changed. There is no way you can trust on these symptoms as humans have evolved over the period and these symptoms may or may not occur. But there are things which you can do to get yourself checked and make sure your signs are real. Some of the common ways to test pregnancy are home pregnancy test which is easy and self-examination was done on the first day of the missed period. There are a lot of home pregnancy kits available in stores which are usually called the two-line test device which turns two red lines to confirm your pregnancy.
The accuracy rates of these tests are high. But it can give you a false alarm. The device works based on the chemical that is present in the urine which indicates pregnancy. This chemical which we termed is actually a human hormone which is present in the body while a woman is pregnancy and it is called chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). The pregnancy stick changes color when it combines with this hormone. The accuracy of this test depends on the kind of usage. But some of best gynaecologist in Mumbai advice us to get a clinical test done even if your home test is successful. This will void any sort of doubts and give us a clear idea. Clinical urine tests and blood tests have very high accuracy rates and are rarely misleading.
There are two types of blood test taken to confirm pregnancy. They are:
- The hCG qualitative blood test checks the hormone present in the body.
- The hCG quantitative test helps in measuring the amount of hCG in the body. If the amount of hCG is very high or lower then the doctor would typical asks you to take another test. This is generally considered as an abnormality in the body for the hormone to be overproduced or under-produced. Some of the other tests include an ultrasound and a normal hCG test after a few days.
Some of the early signs of pregnancy which you can give a sense of relief to trying couples are:
- A missed period is a very common and most sought after symptom.
- Feel exhausted and tired all the time
- Urinating more than normal
- Swollen and increased sensitivity in breasts
- Nausea and vomiting
If you are still trying to figure out your pregnancy symptoms we would advise you to visit the top maternity hospitals in Chandigarh or any other city you belong to for clear examination and advice.