Pakistan is attracting more and more tourists from across the globe and the city has always been the highlight for vacationers from various parts of the world. The festival of electrifying colors and exhilarating markets never disappoint those who come here to enjoy the unique combination of harmony and cacophony. Every location worth sightseeing is a testament to this fact and everyone can find something special in the eventful energy of Karachi. If you are looking forward to a visit to Karachi too, then this is your guide to getting around.
You can find many modes of transportation for experiencing live entertainment on your way to tourist-crowded spots. The climate is quite comparable to Florida with more than a whiff of pollution and a snag of humidity. You may even leave your luggage while you sightsee as the Jinnah International Airport of Pakistan offers a ‘left luggage’ service at the Arrivals area. Some hotels also provide this facility to their guests. Being the largest metropolitan and cosmopolitan city, Karachi is well connected by air, railways, waterways, and road. It is really easy to reach Karachi from Dubai, Thailand, USA, UK, Singapore and other cities while availing cheap flights from Dubai to Colombo or Muscat and then heading to Karachi. Due to the rush of vacationers during the colder seasons, it is recommended to book your tickets in advance for availing attractive discounts.
Image source:- pixabay
There is a ton of stuff to do, see and experience in Karachi. The rich culture shows through in each grain of the Sindh Pakistan. Here is the top five that you can’t miss:
1. Mazar-e-Quaid: The serenity of the marble structure which is the final resting place of the ‘Great Leader’, Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah is worth the visit. It is also known as the Jinnah Mausoleum or the National Mausoleum.
2. French Beach: Located halfway between Paradise Point and Hawke’s Beach, this is a small fishing village which is known to be frequented by Karachi’s elite. Snorkeling, scuba diving and surfing in the clear waters and rocky shores during the monsoons is something you definitely want to look forward to.
3. Tariq Road Market: If you are one of the visitors, who enjoy checking out the colourful markets in Karachi, then this is a must visit. You can practically get anything here. Don’t believe me? Check it out for yourself!
4. Port Grand: Experience the grandest of Karachi here with exotic food and drinks. Exuberant entertainment at its finest indeed!
5. Paradise Point: This is a spot of natural beauty that perseveres even in the face of the forces of nature. It is a popular attraction for tourist families and is a hub of amusement rides. Camel and horse rides along the beach are also in addition to the sandstone rock promontory.
There is a lot more to be explored, but these five spots envelop the essence of Karachi like nothing else. Enjoy your visit!