Aloo Gobhi Sabji (Potato Cauliflower Gravy) Type 2
Hello everyone..how are you all?? Summer is the time which makes almost every homemaker lazy…ufff…bahut garmi hai khaana kaise banega…hehe.. Laziness apart..few days back I received a request from a homemaker to share receipe of gobhi aloo gravy sabji. Actually I cook 3 types of gobhi aloo,
1. First one requires veggies paste and some more time to cook (that I have already shared).
2. Second is cooked in pressure cooker and very easy.
3. Third one consist of paste of green spices only.
Today I will share the recipe of second type ..I hope you will like it.This goes well with chapati and rice..My hubby loves peas in this curry.I hope you will try this out and let me know how it came out.Here goes the recipe:
2 cups chopped cauliflower (gobhi)
3-4 medium size diced potatoes (aloo)
1 cup peas (matar)
2 to 3 tablespoons oil (I prefer mustard oil)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder)
½ teaspoon garam masala powder
1 to 1.5 cups water for pressure cooking
few coriander leaves (dhaniya patta), for garnishing
1 large onion – chopped
1 large tomato – chopped
2-3 green chillies – (hari mirch) chopped
½ inch ginger (adarak)- grated
1 teaspoon hing or asafoetida
1/2 teaspoon pachforan
2-3 bay leaf (tej patta)
2 dry red chillies (sukha lal mirch)
Salt -to taste
1. Boil 2.5 to 3 cups of water in a pan with salt.
add the gobi/cauliflower florets in the salted warm water and keep covered for 5 to 6 minutes. this step is optional.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker . add hing ,pachforan ,tejpatta , dry red chilli and stir.
be careful as it splutters when you add it to the oil.
3.Then add onions green chillies and ginger and saute for a minute.
4. Now add potatoes, gobhi and fry it for 5 minutes.
5. After this add all the spice powders one by one and chopped tomatoes.
6. Stir and cook for some more time and add peas.
7. Then add water and stir.you can add or reduce water on the basis of desired gravy.
8. Now cover the lid and cook till 2 whistles .
9. Your aloo gobhi curry is ready.
10. Stir in chopped coriander leaves or garnish.
Serve aloo gobhi hot with rotis, naan or steamed rice or jeera rice.
Don’t forget to follow my blog, like my facebook page and subscribe our youtube channel by clicking the link mentioned in profile.
Till then keep cooking and keep sharing.