A router is said to be the backbone of your home or office network. Configuring it in a proper manner will keep your information protected from prying eyes. Once you are done with new extender setup, the next step to get a full Internet access is to set up and install your access point. It securely connects all of your home gadgets to the network and even prevents your kids from accessing online stuff which is not meant for them. Today, we will take you through a quick-witted journey on how to configure a Netgear wireless router. Let’s go.
1. Cable Internet with Netgear Genie
Netgear Genie smart wizard provides you with an easy way to perform WiFi range extender setup. It is a useful app which allows you to keep an eye on your network, letting you know how many devices are connected to it. Apart from this, it enables you to configure your home or office router by giving you a full access to its dashboard. Make sure that your gadget is running the latest firmware as this mobile or desktop app doesn’t provide support for older versions of firmware. Walk through the steps below to install your access point:
- First and foremost, turn off your Netgear router as well as modem.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect its one end with the Internet port and second one with the LAN port.
- Turn on your modem and let its LED lights become stable. Do the same with your access point as well.
- Now, open a web browser of your choice and type mywifiext.net in the address bar. Or you can also enter the default IP address of your device to log in.
- Once done, you are all set to access login page.
- Enter the required details to proceed further.
- Then, you will be redirected to smart setup wizard.
- All you need to do is hit next button.
- To save all the settings made by you, click on save button.
Thus, you can configure your device with the help of cable Internet with genie smart wizard.
2. DSL Internet with Genie web user interface
For those who are unfamiliar with the term, a DSL microfilter is a compact box which is used to connect your telephone and router to telephone jack. Follow the steps below:
- Make a reliable connection between your access point and telephone jack via DSL microfilter.
- Next, use a small telephone wire to establish a connection between your telephone and DSL microfilter.
- Connect your PC to LAN port with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Power on the router and let it boot properly.
- Open any web browser on your system and go to mywifiext web user interface.
- You will be presented by a web page. Just click on next button.
- Now, make setting changes as per your needs. Once done, exit the interface.
Congrats! Your device has now configured successfully. You are all set to access it.
3. Cable Internet with Smart Wizard
In case you are configuring a cable Internet connection with your device that makes use of smart wizard, go through the instructions outlined below:
- Take an Ethernet cable and use it to build a strong connection between your modem and Internet port of access point.
- Connect your PC to LAN port of router by using a second Ethernet cable.
- Reboot all of three gadgets which are router, modem and computer.
- Afterward, launch your preferred web browser on PC.
- Enter IP address into the URL bar to bring up the login dialog box.
- You will see a setup wizard option in the left corner. Merely click on yes button.
It will then detect your Internet connection type and configure accordingly.
4. DSL Internet with smart wizard
Looking to configure your DSL modem with smart wizard? If so, here’re the steps:
- Make connection amid DSL microfilter and telephone through a cellular phone wire.
- Similarly, use DSL microfilter to connect router to telephone jack.
- Establish a wired connection between your computer and LAN port.
- Turn on your device.
- Launch an Internet browser and write down your gadget’s IP address and press enter key.
- Log in to the setup page by typing the necessary details.
- Go to the left side of the screen and click on setup wizard option.
- Hitting yes button will identify your connection type.
And with this one simple click on the button, our journey on how to configure a Netgear router ends here. Hopefully, you learned a lot of new things during the journey.