Fix company file and network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. It recover your damaged company files and help solve some of your network issues.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
QuickBooks File Doctor is integrated with all later editions of QuickBooks 2015. Therefore, if you have an earlier version then make sure to update it with any of these editions. You can move towards the download and install QuickBooks file doctor page on the Intuit website. Unfortunately, Mac users cannot take benefit from the tool as it is compatible only with Windows OS and the USA and UK versions of QuickBooks.
Intuit creates it by adding two tools named QuickBooks company file diagnostic and QuickBooks network connectivity diagnostic tool. This combination proves to be a great assistance for users worldwide as they can resolve as many errors as possible. This error resolving technique brings the most out of QuickBooks. That’s why users use this dynamic too to solve issues and errors. Some of the errors are provided inside the table below. You can check it.
How to use QuickBooks File Doctor Standalone Version
- Ensure that you will download the newest release of the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Move to the Inuit’s site.
- Try to conduct QuickBooks file doctor download 2022 from there.
- Choose Run if it is already there.
- Thereafter, perform a double-click on the icon of the file doctor
- Just conduct the procedure as prompted on the display.
- Launch the Windows Taskbar.
- Meanwhile, choose the Browse button.
- Try to locate the damaged and corrupted company file.
- Just start your QuickBooks software and see whether you are facing issues or not.
- From the two options, pick the most appropriate.
- The first one is for resolving 6000 series errors.
- And the second one helps in fixing all network issues series.
- Later, provide the admin password of the Company file.
- Also, click on Next.
- Choose any of the options provided below.
- If the error occurs on your Workstation then choose this option.
- However, tap the second option for the server system.
- Subsequently, click Yes for QuickBooks server and No for workstations.
- The tool will run and repair all the QB files inside the QuickBooks desktop.
- The procedure could be a bit consuming as it fixes the network and company file issues.
- Finally, make sure to close the file doctor and access the QB file.
- QuickBooks file doctor built-in version supports MS server 2003-2012 and Windows 10,8, 7.
- Resolve damaged and corrupted QB files.
- Helps in repairing issues within the data and file.
- Available for all UK, US, and Canada versions.
- Use the diagnostic tool if you cannot find a .NET framework 2.0 on your system.
Step to use QuickBooks File Doctor Built-in Version (Latest Version)
This version involves less human interference and a simple and easy user interface.
- To initiate, open QuickBooks software.
- Don’t open the QB file.
- Then, head towards the File menu.
- Choose utility tab.
- Thereafter, hit the Repair File button.
- Further, choose to Browse to find out the corrupted company file.
- Pick the Open button.
- When an advanced settings screen pops up, choose the fixations method.
- Then, hit Next.
- Meanwhile, specify the administrator login credentials.
- Also, choose Next.
- After completing this procedure, just open your QB file.
Results after using QuickBooks File Doctor
The tool provides three results after completing the scanning procedure. Here they are
- QBFD could not detect the issue
This can be the initial case when the QuickBooks file doctor fails to identify the real issue. In this case, try to specify the admin credentials to the QB file. If somehow the error comes again then make sure to set up the Auto data recovery. Also, specify the transactions that you want to back up.
- Issue Found but error can’t be fixed
The QB file doctor can also end up with this result. Therefore, try to set up the auto data recovery tool. You can specify or upload the transactions that you used in the earlier backup.
- QBFD diagnoses and fix Error
If the tool enables to diagnose and fix the issue then it comes up with this result. So, try to open the new company and restart the system to save all these changes.
What should do after resolving the company file issue?
In case you end up with this issue then try to create a backup of the QB company file data. Also, make the data file on a removable hard drive. Do it before the completion of the month.
If the QuickBooks File Doctor not Opening
Some factors could shape this error on your system. Like:
- Updating the company file.
- When the user becomes unable to restore files
- Presence of damage and corrupted files.
- The user may not install some relevant files while installing QuickBooks.
- Try to restore the QBW file backup.
- Use the auto data recovery tool to fix issues within the QBFD.
- Also, conduct antivirus configuration and disable the host mode.