Pizza Margherita is a type of Neapolitan pizza. It’s made with mozzarella cheese, San Marzano tomatoes and garnish with fresh basil. Use salt and extra-virgin olive oil according to taste and need.
Basil and tomato are the main ingredients of this kind of typical pizza. But I’m using lots of veggies to increase it’s taste more delicious. With this Pizza, you can serve fresh basil as a garnish topping.
For 6 persons
Ingredients for Pizza Dough:
- Wheat Cake Flour(Maida) – 6 cups
- Salt – 1/3 table spoon
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Yeast – 1/4 table spoon
- Sugar – 1.5 table spoon
- Warm Water – 2 cup
How to make Dough of Pizza?
- Mix yeast and sugar in warm water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now mix wheat flour with salt, add the yeast mixture and olive oil to it, and moistened(paste with the hands) flour dough about 15 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a clean cotton cloth. Keep it aside for about two hours until it doubles in size.
- Heat the oven to 200° C (400° F).
Ingredients for Toppings:
Basically, you can choose toppings ingredients according to your taste and availability. It’s also depend on your choice. Here I’m mentioning the following ingredients, I like most to use in Pizza.
- Pizza Sauce – 4 table spoon
- Mozzarella Cheese – 600 gm
- Capsicum – 2 Big(250 gm)
- Onion – 2 Big Size(250 gm)
- Green Olives – 3
- Kalamata Olives – 3
- Broccoli – 150 gm
- Cilantro or Basil leaves for garnishing
Method to Make Veggies Pizza Margherita:
- Divide the dough in 6 small balls.
- Roll it out thinly as much as you want. And put it into a disc using dry flour to be safe from stickiness.
- Put that disc made by dough onto the tray to bake.
- Spread about 1 table spoon pizza sauce onto every one disc.
- Grate and spread about 1/6 cup mozzarella cheese evenly. One cup for each.
- Cut onion, tomato, capsicum, broccoli, green olives, kalamata olives into thinly slices and spread all over the disc evenly.
- Now bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the disc is slightly crispy, onion is brown and the cheese has melted.
Garnish with some cheese with basil leaves and serve hot. Enjoy with cock-tale or mock-tale, whatever you love to eat with Pizza.